This week I thought we could get a little personal; a little intimate per say. I’ve decided to let my darling reads know what I love, lust after and can’t live without in the world of fashion and beauty. If you’re feeling especially excited after reading about my adorations, carry on to read about my 3 no problem fashion motives and top 5 don’ts.
Ahh, I love…
1. Faux fur- I love this fall fashion staple. As a devote vegetarian of 8 years I don’t like admitting my adoration of smooth animal skins. Fur can make any outfit look luxe and provide warmth that will keep you from stealing your man’s jacket or shivering like winter trees.
2. Gold- Let’s face it, I’m not a silver girl. Yes, okay engagement ring (where are you prince charming) titanium, platinum of white gold is doable. But gold is where my heart is at.
3. Sequin- I dream in sequin, I swear. I love the ability to refresh even the most basic of outfits of these small, simple payettes.
4. Leopard print– Listen here; leopard print never, ever went out of fashion. This neutral print adds to any outfit, and that’s that. (So, I might be slightly opinionated…)
5. Pastel colours- As a “cool” under toned person, I don’t wear jewel tones well. Majestic magenta, unearthly emerald, cobalt blue and royal purple just don’t do it for me. Instead you’ll find me in cream, heather gray, mint green, coral and blush pink.
Hey, its okay…
Don’t take yourself too seriously by playing with these fashion “faux pas”
1. Mixing silver and gold jewelry – Yes, practice a little caution in this
area; if they are similar shine and size, do it!
2. Coordinating black and brown – They’re both neutrals; go for it!
3. Matchy matchy shoes, jackets, belts and bags – There is simply no need to go
to this extreme.
Please, just don’t…
1. Over process your lovely locks – Coming from a born brunette (but true blonde) take it easy on your tresses. I recommend highlights a few shades slighter than your natural hair colour.
2. Wear Uggs/Ugg Knockoffs/Uglys – Yes, okay being a fashionable, put together woman is challenging and some days we wish the world would look the other way while we wear our Lulu Lemons, ponytails and hoodies. But never, ever do Uggs do the trick. Maybe I’m jaded from seeing far too many worn out, filthy boots on the streets of downtown Victoria. Even still, for the sake of all of us, leave your Ugg booties at home.
3. Frown – Yes, that’s right! There is nothing worse than seeing a wonderfully attractive person (female or male) with great fashion or stunning features and watching them pout, complain or whine. Com’mon now. You’re beautiful, work it with a smile!
4. Curse like a sailor – Dropping the f bomb in public on a rare occasion? It happens. Using it as often as “um” or “like”? Not cool. Ever. Clean up your potty mouth if you wanted to be respected and taken seriously.
5. Go overboard – Tanning until reaching the far depths of deep sea orange, botoxing until your face shape is unrecognizable and beautifying until near perfection. They’re all creepy and unhealthy! Love yourself for who you are, not for what beauty regimes make you.