This week I got inspired to share my personal picks; perfume favourites. I usually don’t disclose this information (what can I say, I love a little mystery) but this post provides me with an opportunity to feature some of my signature scents and relive all of the memories they bring back.
1. Gucci Rush- Simply my favourite forever and ever after. Gucci Rush was released in 1999. I picked up the fragrance off of my Aunty’s vanity, playing dress up as a child and swooned over the scent. Sexy, naughty, dangerous and spicy: all of my favourite fragrance attributes. If you’re interested in testing this one out, I’m sorry to break your heart like mine was broken, but it’s been officially discontinued. Le sigh.
2. Givenchy Ange ou Demon- A gift from one of the most genuine, generous and warm women in my life, my cousin Danijela. This warm, spicy and devilishly sexy fragrance is perfect for intoxicating evenings.
3. Womanity by Thierry Mugler- The newest of what I refer to as the winning streak by Thierry Mugler. This intense, woody fragrance is a newer generation of Mugler’s work. It’s delectable and strong. This one is not for the faint at heart.
4. Alien/Angel by Thierry Mugler– These two fragrances, as different as they are, hold a special place in my heart. My mum, the most attractive woman in my eyes has worn both scents since their debut. Now whenever I catch a breeze of either I think about her. I wear both, but I especially love Alien. Alien is another white floral (big surprise), while its sister Angel is filled with caramel, spice and cacao; a match made in heaven.
5. Lady Gaga Fame/Guess by Marciano- For a woman who thought she didn’t like celebrity fragrances, I was terribly wrong! Lady Gaga Fame was a gift from my dear Aunty, who has the exact same bottle. Upon first drift, I immediately detected a rick blackberry scent. This fragrance offers citrus, floral and honey notes, making it a courageous daytime wear and a foxy night time wear. Guess by Marciano features citrus, vanilla, warm spice and white floral. Simply divine.
6. Nicole by Nicole Richie- Another celebrity perfume, Nicole stands out in my perfume collection. The beautiful crystal, vintage inspired bottle is home is an amber filled fragrance. I picked this bottle up as I love both Richie and amber ((check out Sensual Amber by Bath and Body Works). I was happily surprised by this perfume’s pure daytime wear and classic, glamorous scent.
7. Lady Million by Paco Rabanne– I fell in love with Lady Million when I first smelled the male version, 1 Million. 1 Million is intoxicating and by far my favourite men’s cologne. Loaded with white floral (just like Gucci Rush and Very Hollywood Sparkling) Lady Million is a unique, eccentric scent to be reckoned with.
8. Princess by Vera Wang– The original. This syrupy scented, vanilla and cacao fragrance is enough to elicit a smile on anyone’s face. This fragrance suits a younger woman, ready to win over a boy’s heart.
9. Betsey Johnson by Betsey Johnson– This woody scent is perfectly light for daytime. I often find myself wearing Betsey when I’m off running errands or working with the public. It’s always a fan favourite with women asking what I’m wearing.
10. Michael Kors Very Hollywood Sparkling– This fragrance breaks my wee heart. I never got the chance to purchase it, as it was recently discontinued and taken off of the market. The scent reminds me of my childhood; playing with Barbie dolls and playing dress up. The white floral is gentle, innocent and incredibly feminine.
What’s your signature scent? Do you switch up your fragrance by the season? Thanks for reading and please feel free to weigh in below!